Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Trip

What could possibly be the best trip? How about a trip that took you away from the cold and the snow to 70 degree weather with sun all day, surrounded by family and a wedding to top it all off. Yes, we took a trip to Arizona to see family and to see my good friend get married. It was enthusiastically fun!

When we arrived at Devan and Robyn's home we were greeted with the grandest welcome. Mckay, James and Ashlyn came flying out the door to give us hugs, we felt like royalty. The Anderson family really made us feel at home. They took us out to dinner, Mckay gave up his bed, they popped us popcorn in their super fancy popcorn machine (so cool), treated us to a wonderful night of American Idol on the wii and delighted us with Cold Stone ice cream. It was a perfect weekend.
Anna had the time of her life with Ashlyn. Ashlyn took Anna under her wing and showed Anna the ropes of how to be a princess, how to dance, sing and dress. Friday night Susanne, Ashlyn and Anna put on a performance for Robyn and me. It was so great, I wished I had a video camera, but these pictures will have to do. Susanne was in charge of the music while Ashlyn danced and Anna copied whatever moves she did. Not only did they dance but they did the whole shebang with outfits and makeup! Loved it! Thank you Anderson Family!!

Friday was packed with fun events. Robyn was so awesome and watched Anna for us while we went to Melinda's wedding. It was so great to see a childhood friend again and especially neat to see her get married, the ceremony was wonderful. Her and Stephen make a great couple. Later, at the reception, I was able to see another childhood friend. I felt like a little kid again catching up with Andrea and being with the two friends I spent the most time with as a girl. I can't think of wanting to have any other childhood than the one I had. The whole time memories came flooding back, it was great!
I was able to see a lot of other wonderful people from my youth who were great influences and examples to me while growing up. You could say this was the best trip!

2 comments:

Cheramie said...

looks like fun!

Devan and Robyn said...

I haven't been on the blog in a while, but wanted you to know that we LOVED having you here! You are welcome anytime! We love you guys! Can't wait for the new little girl to arrive! We'll be there in June to give her lots of lovin! Robyn :0)