Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anna's First Haircut

Yes, this is Anna's first haircut! For 3 years I put off cutting her hair because I loved her long hair. I loved styling her hair in a buch of different ways and I wish I had taken pictures of my favorite hair dos on her. But the time has come that I could no longer put off cutting her hair. I thought to myself, "If I'm going to cut her hair at all, I am going to CUT it!" So I started cutting and cutting and cutting. With the first chop I thought I had ruined it. I didn't realize how short I had cut it, so I started to worry and freak out thinking that she is going to look like a butch and then I thought I'm going to have to take her to a professional and get it cut even shorter in order to fix what I had done to my beautiful daughter. Each cut made me more worried, until I was almost done, then I could see her hair take shape. I felt a little relieved towards the end, but there was still a lot more to do like, even it out. Cutting children's hair is a lot harder then I thought. I wasn't fully sure about her hair until Ernie saw it and loved it. Anna told me that she liked her hair too, so I didn't feel too bad about chopping off 10 inches! While I am thrilled about Anna's hair turning out very cute I still have mixed emotions about her not having long hair anymore.

BEFORE AND AFTER






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute with short hair! It was great seeing you and I miss you so much!!! Love ya!

Cheramie said...

you did this?! good job! it looks really good, she looks beautiful with any hair length. i think it makes her look older.